1. According to LIP,in the past several years, the global expanded polypropylene market expands rapidly with CAGR of 7.86% from 2011 to 2016. In 2015, the global actual consumption amount of expanded polypropylene was around 213.77 K MT.
2. Expanded Polypropylene can be used in various fields, like packaging industry, automotive, consumer goods, others. Automotive is the largest application of expanded polypropylene, with market share of 57.13% in 2016.
3. Expanded polypropylene can be classified as black expanded polypropylene, gray expanded polypropylene, white expanded polypropylene and others. Black expanded polypropylene is the major kind.
4. The market of expanded polypropylene is quite separated, with China, North America, Europe, Japan, South & Southeast Asia and South Korea as the major producing area. The market of China is still in its emerging stage, with a global market share of 21.44% in 2016.
5. The manufacture technology of expanded polypropylene is highly mature, while the market of expanded polypropylene is in fast growth, which has been taking a noticeable market share for more than ten years.
6. The largest producers of expanded polypropylene in the worldwide are JSP, Kaneka, BASF, Knauf Industries, Hanwha, Bo Fan New Material, Wuxi Hi-Tec and Sinopec, which takes a combined share of 93% in 2016.The largest producing area of expanded polypropylene is Europe. North America and China are also major producing area of expanded polypropylene.
7. The global expanded polypropylene market would growth with CAGR of 8.10% from 2017 to 2022. The annual consumption amount of expanded polypropylene would reach to 342.15 K MT in 2022. In the future, the consumption in automotive would be the growth point in developing countries.